Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jane Espenson, TV writer

Jane Espenson is a writer of episodes for various TV shows, most notably one of my all-time faves Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Apparently she specializes in writing episodes on 'spec', that is writing an episode not as a regular staff writer of a show, but instead as just a one-off kind of deal according to certain specifications.

A Los Angeles Times article by Deborah Netburn appeared in today's Philly Inquirer (TV writer with wealth of credits gives blog tips on 'spec') which details some of Ms. Espenson's thoughts on how write for TV in such a capacity. I found the article and Ms. Espenson's blog to be of interest.

(Inquirer articles used to be available free online for only one week from the date of publication and I assume that's still the case, but I don't know. Just thought I'd warn you.)

No comments: