Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, June 20, 2007

L.A. To Miami / St. Louis To Charlotte

I recently picked up L.A. To Miami, a somewhat hard to find early Keith Whitley album I'd had on cassette way back when. I quickly expanded it to include four Whitley tracks from A Tribute Album which featured various artists doing well known tunes made popular by Whitley. It always seemed a little odd to have Whitley doing songs on a tribute album to himself (he drank himself to death in 1989). Since those Whitley tunes were early ones (not previously released to the best of my knowledge) produced by Blake Mevis who also produced L.A. To Miami I figured they belong together.

One of the Whitley songs from the tribute album is "Charlotte's In North Carolina," which includes the line "Charlotte's in North Carolina and I'm in St. Louis misery." So I thought I'd be "clever" and title this new custom concoction L.A. To Miami / St. Louis To Charlotte.

No comments: