Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'll Think Of A Reason Later / Suds In The Bucket

I haven't been bloggy lately—just haven't been in the mood, I guess. Oh well.

I actually made this little post up a couple weeks ago, but never got around to publishing it. Thought I'd do it now sort of in honor of American Idol's Grand Ole Opry night last night. Though I didn't watch other than just to pop in and out on it once in a while. And I guess if it was really in honor of AI last night I should be posting a Randy Travis (who I do enjoy a lot) tune or two, but again, oh well.



These are just a couple peppy country ditties I enjoy. I really like the wording in each. In the first one I love the line "Inside her head may lay all the answers for curing diseases from baldness to cancer." I think it's the way Womack sings "baldness" with a southern drawl. And in the second one it's "Now all the biddies in the beauty shop, gossip goin' non-stop sippin' on pink lemonade." I love the cadence of the line and how Evans delivers it.

I'm a big Lee Ann Womack fan. She seems to have passed Trisha Yearwood of late as favorite current female country artist (More because Trisha has been less productive in recent years than because of any serious quality dropoff, though I think there's been a little of that too if only in her song selections).

Sara Evans, on the other hand, well, I can't really say I'm a fan of hers. She's not bad or anything, she obviously has talent, but I'm just not that crazy about her usual style and tone. It's obviously more about me and my tastes than her talent. But I absolutely love "Suds In the Bucket." Hey, how can a country fan NOT love a song with a title like that?! In fact, I bought the source album (used, cheap) just so I'd be able to then put the song on a custom compilation of miscellaneous favorite songs.

I hope folks enjoy'em if they try'em, but if you don't (either enjoy'em or try'em) that's OK too. I realize country music isn't to everybody's taste, so I'm always a little curious as to what non-country music fans may think, but it's entirely up to you (naturally) if you want to take any time to note personal opinions/reactions.

Anyway, here they are...



I'll Think Of A Reason Later
Performed by Lee Ann Womack
From the album Some Things I Know (©1998 Decca Records)
Written by Tony Martin and Tim Nichols

I heard he was gonna marry some girl from Denver
Then my sister came over, had the Sunday paper with her
There was the girl on the social page
Lookin' in love and all engaged
We decided she don't take a very good picture

It may be my family's redneck nature
Rubbin' off, bringin' out unladylike behavior
It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger
But I don't like her
She may be an angel who spends all winter
Bringin' the homeless blankets and dinner
A regular Nobel peace prize winner
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later


I drew horns and blacked out her tooth with a marker
Childish, yes, but she made such a thin little target
I couldn't be happier on my own
But I've got the slightest of a jealous bone
And seein' her with him tends to enlarge it

It may be my family's redneck nature
Rubbin' off, bringin' out unladylike behavior
It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger
But I don't like her
She may be an angel who spends all winter
Bringin' the homeless blankets and dinner
A regular Nobel peace prize winner
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later


(Instrumental bridge)

Inside her head may lay all the answers
For curing diseases from baldness to cancer
Salt of the earth and a real good dancer
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later


(Spoken during fadeout)
Well, it was just one tooth.
Did I mention I don't particularly care for her?
She makes me sick! (LOL)



Suds In The Bucket
Performed by Sara Evans
From the album Restless (©2003 RCA)
Written by Billy Montana and Tammy Wagoner

She was in the back yard, say it was a little past nine
When her prince pulled up, a white pick-up truck
Her folks shoulda seen it comin', it was only just a matter of time
Plenty old enough, and you can't stop love

She stuck a note on the screen door, "Sorry but I got to go"
And that was all she wrote, her Mama's heart was broke
And that was all she wrote, and so the story goes

Now her Daddy's in the kitchen starin' out the window and scratchin' an' a wrackin' his brains
How can 18 years just up and walk away?
Our little pony-tailed girl growed up to be a woman, now she's gone in the blink of an eye
She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hangin' out on the line


Now don't you wonder what the preacher's gonna preach about Sunday morn
Nothing quite like this has happened here before
Well, he musta been a looker, a smooth talkin' son of a gun
For such a grounded girl to just up and run
Of course, you can't fence time and you can't stop love

Now all the biddies in the beauty shop, gossip goin' non-stop sippin' on pink lemonade
How could 18 years just up and walk away?
Our little pony-tailed girl growed up to be a woman, now she's gone in the blink of an eye
She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hangin' out on the line


(Yeeeeeeee Hooooooooo)

(Instrumental bridge)

She's got her pretty little bare feet hangin' out the window and they're headed up to Vegas tonight
How could 18 years just up and walk away?
Our little pony-tailed girl growed up to be a woman, now she's gone in the blink of an eye
She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hangin' out on the line
She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hangin' out on the line


She was in the backyard, say it was a little past nine
When her prince pulled up, a white pick-up truck
Plenty old enough and you can't stop love
And no you can't fence time and you can't stop loooooove

1 comment:

Music For Gaza said...

why do i think of Studs in The Bucket instead after having read the lyrics ...lol!

the word verify thingy is: minazi.