Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Roger Ebert's Journal

I just wanted to do this post to say that I've really been enjoying Roger Ebert's Journal (i.e. blog) of late, particularly when he's NOT discussing movies. Of course, I realize it's not like he's an obscure fledgling blogger, that he doesn't need my recognition or help, but I only just discovered his blog for myself this summer and I'm really glad I did.

He seems to post about every four or five days and he does quite lengthy entries. Agree or disagree with him, but I think he usually gives readers plenty to ponder.

Here are four of his recent efforts I've particularly enjoyed...

August 12: Finding my own voice

August 17: "Death Panels." A most excellent term.

August 20: I'm safe on board. Pull up the life rope.
(This is a sequel to his "Death Panels" post.)

August 25: My Name is Roger, and I'm an alcoholic


Anyway, for what it's worth I highly recommend his blog, especially if you're ever looking for something with a little more "meat" to it, not just the typical snark-and-run style of so many bloggers.
__________________

P.S. I could have sworn I'd added Ebert's Journal to my "Blogs I Enjoy" sidebar section a month or two ago, but apparently not. I've now rectified that oversight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of the snark-and-run (LOL! a perfect phrase!) bloggers, I too enjoy Ebert's thoughtful and personal musings -- and, yes, just like you, more so when they are not film-related. To think of it, you introduced me to Ebert's Journal, DimSkip. Thanks! :)

Dimension Skipper said...

You're quite welcome, Elizabeth... I just knew Ebert's recent musings on the healthcare issue were right up your alley. Mine too.