I saw a pickup truck last night with the name of a business on it and my immediate reaction was that it just was not a good name for a business: As Good As It Gets Landscaping. That can be interpreted in a positive or negative way...
Of course, I'm sure they mean to imply that they're "as good as it gets" because they are the best and therefore no one else could possibly be better.
However, I immediately thought of the Jack Nicholson movie of the same name (well, minus the "landscaping" of course) in which he's a misanthropic curmudgeon with psychological issues who (if I recall correctly) taunts his fellow neurotics in the waiting room of his shrink by pointedly asking them... "What if this is as good as it gets?"
With that context in mind when I saw the business name my first thought was that they may do poor work and then just shrug it off as... "Oh well, that's as good as it gets." I mean simply being "as good as it gets" does not necessarily imply "as good as can possibly be." Actually it can be seen as an acceptance of below par standards.
I guess just as long as it starts with 'A' so they can be listed early in the yellow pages...
2 days ago



1 comment:
hahahaha, yes, my thoughts exactly.
Post a Comment