Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Sunday, November 11, 2007

Teddy bears of the apocalypse

I was flipping through one of the coupon packs in the sunday paper and as I turned a page, I realized I’d just read something I wouldn't have expected to see in the family paper. I thought to myself, "Did I see that right?" So I turned the page back and confirmed it. I think this is one of the four teddy bears of the apocalypse...

Click to view a clearer online version of the ad at www.directsourceinc.com (under general merchandise)

Of course the next logical step would be for the bear to be equipped to dispense a certain aroma as well. If it's "hilarious" in this form, then that'd surely be the ultimate laugh riot!

Seriously, I’m not quite sure what to make of this. There’s a part of me that finds it mildly humorous simply for the fact that there even is such a product out there (though I’d certainly never buy it). But then there’s the part of me that got scolded at a young age by my Mother for having used the root 4-letter F-word in question (not really understanding what it meant or why it was "bad"). Apparently it’s officially no longer a naughty word in America.

Anyway, I guess it can at least be seen as a dual-action bear in that little kids can enjoy it as a traditional teddy bear and (alleged) adults can have a little party fun with the special feature. Pull my paw!

No comments: