Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Walter Becker

The other half of Steely Dan turns 58 today. No silly hats or other frivolity this time. Let's face it—there's nothing funny about fifty eight!   ;-)

Besides, there's still no word on his second solo project—still "solo cd news coming soon!"—and I don't want to do anything to get him mad, further delaying it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... A few of us fans got together and called in a bunch of favors so as to schedule a total lunar eclipse tonight in Dr. Becker's honor. We hope he enjoys the celestial event. (Don't know what we can do to top it next year, though. Hmmm. Anyway....)

Happy Birthday, Walter!

click to visit WalterBecker.com
(Photo ©2006 by Pete Fogel)

4 comments:

angel said...

A Happy Birthday wish to the man who created your Internet "Handle".

Dimension Skipper said...

Yes indeed, Angel. ;-)

Unknown said...

It was kind of you to plan the celestial event for WB's birthday! Let's hope he gives us a reason to danfest this coming year (or waltfest)
D.

Dimension Skipper said...

Hi Denise! Yes a Waltfest would be great. I hadn't even contemplated such a thing, but now that you mention it it'd be terrific if Walter would do a little solo gigging.

The one Fagen show I attended may very well be the highlight of my admittedly minimal Dan-related concert experiences. It'd be neat to get a chance to hear some solo Becker tunes and of further interest to see what Dan material or third-party covers he might tackle.