Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Friday, October 31, 2008

Let's try this again

OK, folks... If anyone's still out there watching this space, well, this is a heads up that I've decided to give this blog thing another try. No guarantees. I may not post as often as I used to, just whenever the mood strikes. We'll see. I hope to keep things light for the most part without being controversial or confrontational, but I thought that before as well.

I've made a few minor changes around here:

The sidebar where I listed CDs I'd recently listened to is gone. I decided it was too much of a hassle to keep the list up to date, especially since I doubt anyone really cares what I'm listening to at any given time. If I get a new CD or listen to anything old which provokes something in me which I feel is worth commenting about then I will simply post a blog entry for it, which probably means I will just mention if I come across a new CD I particularly enjoy. I don't buy music like I used to, though, so that probably won't happen too often.

I've removed most Steely Dan related links. I still enjoy Steely Dan music, but again I doubt it's of any great interest to most folks out there such that they need the availability of the links here. The removal of SD links was a direct result of a little personal issue I had with Donald Fagen beginning to express political opinions of late. I didn't necessarily disagree with his opinions, just how and where he expressed them. I felt he did so inappropriately. Enough said about that.

Anonymous commenting is no longer permitted and my relatively simple (mostly common sense, I think) commenting guidelines are now noted on the commenting page. Please try to adhere to them and we'll probably get along just fine.

Well, that's about it for now. Mainly I just wanted to say (warn?): I'm baaaaaack. I hope to have another post, one with more enjoyable content I hope, up within the coming week.

4 comments:

angel said...

Welcome back, my friend! :-)

Dimension Skipper said...

Thanks, Angel! ;-)

MetDeZachteG said...

welcome back, DimSkip. And as always, you take care of the blog so very very well, lay-out and all.

Dimension Skipper said...

Thanks, Gina. Good to be back, to have the option of posting occasional stuff if the mood strikes if I think something might be of some minor potential interest to others.