Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My digital channel 6 verdict is in

The signal boost did not help.

Just a short while ago, the static on the analog channel 3 DTV public service program was only intermittent and the digital 6 signal was experiencing corresponding hiccups. But now the interference is constant and channel 6 is unwatchable.

Oh well.

I may notify WPVI and/or the FCC for whatever that might accomplish. In the meantime I know there's nothing I can do on my end to improve the reception under these semi-recurring local conditions.

The ideal situation (from my perspective) would be for WPVI to somehow work out a way to move their digital signal off VHF 6 altogether and onto any available UHF frequency.

No comments: