Welcome
For best results please use compatibility view...
Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).
I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...
Dagwood's dream job
This Blondie comic ran on Wednesday...

By Dean Young and John Marshall
Then tonight I came across the following headline and thought for a moment perhaps Dagwood's wish had come true, but with collateral damage...
Wienermobile crashes into home in Wisconsin (AP)

Photo by Tom McCauley, Journal Times
7 comments:
The poor weinermobile!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha! I read the comic strip, DimSkip, and immediately thought about the wienermobile crash (before seeing your link to it), which happened not far from where we live.
I guess the job of driving one is not all that it's cracked up to be (pun totally intended).
On a related note, imagine waking up to a sight of the wienermobile wedged into your house... :)
"You want mustard with that?"
(Sorry, couldn't resist a silly follow up :).
Silly is perfectly acceptable around here!
It is one of those photos that lends itself to humorous captioning, I think.
And speaking of things like captioning and comics and such, I see that Roger Ebert has been tackling some New Yorker cartoon captions. I like some of his efforts.
My own caption for the weinermobile pic might be...
"Well, I WAS going to get some dessert, but I think I'll pass on that now."
(It helps a little to imagine a Mr. Softee truck coming down the road.)
I do too (re: Ebert). And I sympathize with his frustration over not having his caption chosen as one of the finalists. I too have sent my witty and hilarious captions to the NY cartoon contest over the years and never, not even once, have had any of them acknowledged, while some of the rather ho-hum ones made it. Imagine that. Makes me question these guys' sense of humor. ;)
BTW, LOL over your dessert comment!
that's the occurances in life we live for, kind of, eh?
Post a Comment