Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy 60th, Donald Fagen!

Happy birthday to Steely Dan's Donald Fagen, 60 years young today!

Here's a shot of Donald and musical partner in crime Walter Becker celebrating Steely style with all the dignity and grace befitting such a significant milestone. They broke out the hooters and the hats, a few balloons, a cake with 60 candles, and just what every major birthday bash needs—a dancing pig in overalls!...

Click for a larger version of Donald Fagen's 60th birthday bash, Steely style
(Original photo ©2006 by Pete Fogel at Scranton, PA—Aug. 20, 2006)

2 comments:

angel said...

So...I get home last night and I immediately blog my entry for the next day and then go to take a shower. I am doing so, when my mind finally shuts off the work day and in pops, "OMG, I have to say Happy Birthday to Donald before I got to bed tonight". I finish my shower, blog "Mr. Steely Dan Whatever" and then go to sleep. I wake up to your lovely post, doing the same thing and Ken Levine's blog having basically my post for today. Good thing I didn't go around reading everyone, before I posted. I might have gotten Blog envy. :-)

Seriously...I love the pig! Great job Dim Skip!

Dimension Skipper said...

Thanks, Angel! My inspiration was kind of last minute, but I just thought I'd mention the occasion while keeping it whimsical. I figured the pig would clinch the "whimsy" plus add a that touch of country that I like.

;-)

I enjoyed your B-day wishes to Dr. Fagen as well. You can never go wrong with "Deacon Blues" from the "Be-Bop Daddy."