Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm back

Just a quickie post to say "I'm back."

Last thursday my cousin and I returned to Ohio from Alabama, then I left Ohio at 3 PM saturday and arrived back home at 1:45 AM. More than 2400 miles covered on four different travel legs, about 600 miles each leg (10-11 hours). I drove two of them (traveling solo which I don't mind) and the other two my cousin drove (from Ohio to Alabama and then back again). Oh, and that doesn't include riding with Dan and his daughter for the two hour trip (one way, four hours total) to his treatment center and back. (They have to get up before sunrise to hit the road weekdays.)

Dan was not feeling well at all when we got there. He hadn't eaten anything for three days or so, but after his radiation treatment that day he got an IV "infusion" of something (I don't know what, electrolytes and such) that got him feeling better and by evening he was able to mingle and eat a little. The next day was even better and specially requested a Big Mac—and he ate all of it!

Of course, the nature of such treatments is that it's a roller coaster ride. The treatments themselves can have serious side effects which can make one feel horrible. But other treatments can give a boost and make the patient look and feel more like his old self. I strongly suspect the ups and downs are more an indication of the treatment cycle than it is of the underlying condition.

All in all a very good trip. I hope to post some pics in the next week or two, but for now I'm still settling back in and catching up on lots of other stuff.

1 comment:

angel said...

Hi Friend.

Glad you traveled safely.

Looking forward to pictures and stuff. :-)