Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Monday, December 1, 2008

Cosmic Finger?

I'm probably just being paranoid, but it looks as if the cosmos is giving me the finger today...

Cosmic finger in the Carina Nebula?
That's never a good sign.

(Click the pic to view the larger overall image to be found at the Astronomy Picture of the Day site.)

Clarifying note: This is one of those rare times when I'm posting something that admittedly probably doesn't quite fit within the scope of my own suggested guidelines for commenters. I just found it amusing and not all that bad really. I'm not posting it in a way that is directed with malice at anybody in particular. And besides even if you disagree with my having posted it, well, I'm allowed to violate my own rules, so there!



On another topic... I promised some pictures from my recent trip, but it has taken me longer than I anticipated to get to doing that. I regret the delay, but I will post them this week. Last night I finally got around to uploading them to the web where I can now link to them, so that just leaves me with the relatively simple task of providing some basic explanatory text. It's the uploading of the pics that is the time-consumer (that I dread with my dialup connection), putting up with all the quirks of PhotoBucket in that sometimes the uploading of multiple photos works and other times it just seems to quit taking anything and I have to do it more piecemeal.

2 comments:

angel said...

Yes, I do believe that cloud has attitude to spare... :-)

In regard to Photobucket. Sometimes it bulk loads...and sometimes it doesn't. That's with a DSL connection.

Dimension Skipper said...

;-)
____________

Thanks for letting me know my upload troubles are a more general PhotoBucket thing. I usually assume those sorts of virtual hiccups are simply due to my old-fashioned connection issues. It's no less frustrating now, but at least I know it's not just me.