Welcome
For best results please use compatibility view...
Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).
I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...
Patriot Guard Riders
I found out about the
Patriot Guard Riders this morning via science fiction writer John Scalzi's well known
"Whatever" blog (
"Taunting the Tauntable since 1998"). As of July 1 Scalzi began his term as newly elected President of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (
SFWA) and he recently decided to take a virtual vacation from "whatever" for a couple months, enlisting the services of several guest bloggers*, one of which is
Mykal Burns, about whom I know absolutely nothing except...
I found
this post by Mr. Burns this morning to be of interest and thought I'd share it here.
My most recent PGR mission was on Tuesday, for a 20-year-old soldier who was killed last week in Afghanistan. The boy’s father thanked us for coming to honor his son, and said, “If you had known [my son]…well, this would’ve been his favorite part. He’d have been right here riding with you.” I cannot imagine the pain he felt in burying his son. 20 years old.
If you think the group may be of interest to you or anyone you know check out the
Patriot Guard Riders website for further info.
_____________
*
To be perfectly honest I've found "Whatever" to be rather underwhelming in the hands of the various guest bloggers, but I definitely thought this one post was worth pointing out.
1 comment:
This was a nice article. Thank you for pointing it out.
Post a Comment