Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Great Bodhisattva & other random crap

I came across these two Wired items (by Lore Sjöberg) which gave me a few chuckles ("The Great Bodhisattva" is just a minor Steely Dan reference from the second article):

MySpace Avoidance Fails Miserably
MySpace, Now With Random Crap

Plus, here is Lore's actual Myspace page which he also links to from his articles.

Perhaps I found these items amusing because I too just recently signed up for and created a simple MySpace page—just to try to see what all the fuss is about—and frankly I just don't get it. But then I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet. I find the whole creation and setup phase to be confusing and not all that intuitive to navigate. And I just don't see the point of accumulating online "friends" seemingly for the sake of seeing who can get the most (at least I assume there will be a "winner" declared at some point).

Until I figure out exactly what I'm doing with "my space" I'm not gonna link to it. And since I didn't really get immediately sucked into it by the "wowness" of it all I don't know that I'll ever develop it enough to the point where I will want to link to it here. So for now Mr. Sjöberg's humorous views of MySpace might entertain.

No comments: