Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, January 3, 2007

And the meter says...

In a previous post on December 9th, Props For Atlantic City Electric, I detailed how I was sent an electric bill based on an incorrect meter reading. I didn't mind too much because, well, mistakes happen and A.C. Electric ended up being very accommodating in correcting the problem.

This morning I saw the meter reader guy come around shortly after 10 AM, so I then went out at 10:15 and snapped a pic of the meter. This way I'll be able to compare the actual meter reading vs. what ends up on the eventual bill. I'm reasonably confident there will be no problem, but if there is, well, I'm prepared.

I even plugged the current and last (correct) meter readings into a simple Excel file I developed at the time of last month's bill. While the billing rates may vary slightly, it should give me an exact measure of kilowatt hours used and a pretty good estimate of the overall bill for the month.

Now I wait. If I post nothing more on the subject it means the bill ended up being OK.

No comments: