Just a quick followup (and I hope the last I have to post) on the matter of the mailbox vandals. I would have tacked this on the previous post, but I don't want to mess up my cute practical illustration of the "pic = a thousand words" cliché.
Anyway, in my previous post I mentioned there was still a chance the post office might object to my improvised anti-vandal cage. I said that only because I did not receive any mail at all friday and saturday, then of course there was no mail sunday or monday (MLK day). But even so not getting any mail at all (not even junk) for two days straight is a very unusual occurrence and made me wonder just ever so slightly. Still, I'd gotten mail deliveries earlier in the week when I had only my temporary makeshift net in place, so I really didn't think there'd be any issues with the cage setup since the mailbox was in the exact same position.
I did receive mail tuesday and every day since, so indeed the mailbox cage must be acceptable in the eyes of the local Postmaster General's rep.
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment