I've now migrated my blog over to the new Blogger 2.0 standard which passed out of beta a while back. I've been hesitant to change over because, well, I'm not a big fan of change in general. (The old "If it ain't broke...") I'd done a fair amount of mucking about with the generic blog template I originally chose for my base look around these parts. Despite assurances to the contrary by the blog powers that be I was not completely convinced that there wouldn't be some hidden issues crop up the moment that I decided to make the switch. I've been told too often that something should be "no problem" and then when it turns out to be in fact very problematic I hear: "Oh, well, I didn't know you meant..." or "No, you can't do that..."
Nothing really changed my thinking in that regard, but maybe I was just in a daring mood this morning. At any rate I took the plunge, figuring I'd probably be forced to do it at some point anyway. So far so good... My main worry regarding the overall look of the place seems to have been unfounded.
With a very quick perusal through the main parts of the system, so far I'm pleased with 2.0. As far as I can tell, all significant changes should be visible only to me, the blogger. Readers (both of you) will probably not notice any differences except for whatever I may choose to change myself as Lord and Master of this blog. For instance, I've now changed the archive links to list as month and year. I'm pretty sure that isn't anything new to 2.0, though, just something I decided to change as I was taking the behind the scenes tour checking things out.
So after checking out some other stuff this entry is mostly just a test of the post creation system (which also seems fine thus far). Let's see how it goes when I actually hit the ol' "publish" button...
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment