Another custom CD project... This time I've expanded Walter Becker's 1994 solo album 11 Tracks Of Whack (which for those who aren't already familiar actually contains 12 tracks). I added "Medical Science" which can only be found on the official Japanese release and "Fall Of '92" which was recorded for the album, but just didn't quite make it.
In addition to that slight expansion of Whack, I've added a whole second CD entitled The Raw Flame, The Live Walter, a collection of some live performances (1993 to 2003) featuring Mr. Becker on lead vocals. The quality of these "naughty" recordings varies, but I did my best to clean up a few glitches here and there (most notably one spot in "Midnight Cruiser") and to even out the volume levels somewhat across tracks.
Even though Mr. Becker doesn't do the song, the CD title is a play on a line from the Steely Dan song "Josie." I just like the sound of the line with "Walter" replacing "Wire."
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment