I think this is the last of my custom Steely Dan compilations for a while. I've collected some miscellaneous live performances including three tunes they never did in studio: "This All Too Mobile Home", "Wet Side Story", and "Cash Only Island" (though that one's a poor quality recording, I wanted to include it due to its extreme rareness). Then there are some rarely performed songs such as "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" (not done since 1974), "Any Major Dude Will Tell You", "West Of Hollywood", and "Almost Gothic" (which I believe was only attempted live once or twice).
I'm quite pleased with the way this and my other recent Steely-related CD projects have turned out. By collecting a lot of this stuff on regular CDs I can play them in my car and thus I'll be much more likely to spin them every once in a while.
I feel the need to state a mild disclaimer here that I did not purchase such recordings nor do I sell or mass-distribute them—they are for my own listening enjoyment only. If such stuff was available on official releases I'd scarf'em up in a heartbeat (I assume the quality would be much better), but since they're not I make do.
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment