Welcome
For best results please use compatibility view...
Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).
I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...
Some headlines should not be truncated
My ISP has its own default home page and their categorized headlines sometimes get truncated in frustrating and annoying ways. Sometimes they don't show you enough to even give you an idea of the story being touted. Once in a while you may click a headline to see what the story is only to discover that the part that got truncated completely turns around the apparent meaning of the item from what you thought it was.
Regardless of your opinion on the subject in question, I believe the first headline below is an example of why some just simply should
not be truncated...
"Scottish doc calls for kindergarten sex???" Of course, this is one time when I actually had a pretty good idea of what was missing and I was right. However, seeing as how the full headline was
"Scottish doc calls for kindergarten sex ed" why couldn't they have avoided the ellipsis altogether and just shown the "ed"? After all, there's certainly enough white space available within the box to allow a character space and two letters to replace three dots. Is it perhaps because the actual page shunts the "ed" to a second line? I wouldn't think that would matter, but maybe it does. Still, I just wish they wouldn't do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment