Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And what about moral fiber?

I rarely turn on the TV in the morning, but did so this a.m. and immediately saw an ad for Verizon touting the deep soul-filling bliss that one is imbued with by subscribing to their fiber optic service known as FiOS.

The very next ad showed a man returning to his supermarket to complain that there isn't any fiber in his Fiber One cereal (or so he's assuming because it simply tastes too good).

I wonder if the guy has any similar complaints about his TV/internet/phone service. Maybe Verizon should begin stressing that their service promotes regularity. (And a cynic might note that there could be some truthfulness to such a claim as there certainly is a lot of crap on TV regularly these days.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If, as you noted, there certainly is a lot of crap on TV regularly these days. Why, pray tell, are you so intent on videotaping it?

Dimension Skipper said...

You know, I think it says something as to the mentality of people who leave snide-toned anonymous comments that I even have to explain the following concept...

The phrase "a lot of" does not in any way mean "100% of," "completely," "all," or "entirely." Therefore there IS some stuff on TV worth watching and even taping, if only temporarily until I can get to view it.

Is that really such a difficult concept to grasp?

And saying "a lot of" does not even go as far as Theodore Sturgeon did when he formulated his famous "Sturgeon's Law" which attributed an actual percentage figure to estimate the amount of crap.