Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My DTV coupons... On the way or not?

Based upon the last known status check for my DTV converter box coupons from as long ago as March 31st...

Your coupons have been mailed. You should receive them within two to three weeks if you haven’t already.

...I've been hoping that they would come any day now, but they haven't made an appearance yet.

Now my latest online DTV coupon status check, the first I've done in several days, yields a different message:

Your application has been approved. Based on your application approval date of 02/07/2008, your coupon(s) are/were scheduled to mail on 04/11/2008.

*Note that coupons do not expire until 90 days after they have been mailed. Note also that coupons are being mailed via Standard mail (not First-class mail), with delivery expected around 2-9 days from the mailing date.

I have no way of knowing what it means, of course. Maybe my coupons were mailed at the end of March or perhaps they've yet to be mailed. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Status updates are nice, but only if they are consistent and accurate. Conflicting or ambiguous status updates are virtually useless, serving only to cloud the issue.

Back to waiting...

No comments: