Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Strangest Dreams—Father Time

This is the last song I'll feature from Hal Ketchum's Father Time album. I considered also doing posts for three other tracks, "Ordinary Day", "The Day He Called Your Name", and "Down Along The Guadalupe", but figured having shown the spotlight on half of the fourteen songs already was enough.

"Strangest Dreams" is light and upbeat, but still a little bittersweet in the end. No YouTube performance vid that I could find, so just go to Hal's webpage to hear a short clip. Or you can check his facebook page to see if the songs featured there have changed and might now include it, but I haven't checked for it myself. Here's the lyric...


STRANGEST DREAMS
Performed by Hal Ketchum
From the album Father Time
_________________________

Yesterday the world stood still
The sunset restin' on a hill
The grass was blue, the sky was green
And we made love in Portuguese
Suddenly I realized
Somehow we had learned to fly
We took off like two young swans
And headed for the great beyond

Sometimes I have the strangest dream
Heaven finds me in my sleep
Some sweet angel carries me away
I go drifting quietly
Through a world of possibility
To a land that love forgot and time erased
Don’t know what comes over me
Sometimes I have the strangest dream

We sat cross-legged singin' songs
A choir of roses sang along
Such an ancient melody
From 1959 B.C.

Sometimes I have the strangest dream
Heaven finds me in my sleep
And some sweet angel carries me away
I go drifting quietly
Through a world of possibility
To a land that love forgot and time erased
Don't know what comes over me
Sometimes I have the strangest dream

I woke up before the dawn
Surprised to find that you were gone
An angel whispered in my ear
Remember she’s been gone for years

Sometimes I have the strangest dream
Heaven finds me in my sleep
And some sweet angel carries me away
I go drifting quietly
Through a world of possibility
To a land that love forgot and time erased
Don’t know what comes over me
Sometimes I have the strangest dream
Don’t know what comes over me
Sometimes I have the strangest dream

No comments: