There are some decorative wildlife statues too. I've been wanting to get a few pics for a long time and finally did so last week.
The first statue I ever noticed was a couple geese in flight. They look to me like they'd be landing, but I'm not sure...

Across the street from that pond is another one with a couple sets of statues, one a nesting hawk...

(At least I'm guessing it's a hawk, but I don't claim to be an ornithologist. The hawk and geese are lit at night. You can see an electrical connection for the hawk.)
There are raccoons at the other end of the "hawk pond"...

(The hawk is just out of frame to the left in the first raccoon shot, right near the road that separates the two ponds.)
The NJ Turnpike goes right by this corporate park, but I'm sure the people riding by don't have a clue that the ponds and statues are there because it's all hidden by trees. I took this shot just to illustrate the proximity of the turnpike. The geese are just to the left out of frame and the hawk-and-raccoons pond is behind me.




5 comments:
Hi Dim Skip..The hawk statue is interesting...I wonder if it keeps real geese away from the area?
Hope you are well,
Denise
Hi Denise... I'm fine, just have not been in much of a blogging mood of late. But I thought these pics would be post-worthy in their way. I just like'em.
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question about the hawk and real geese. I can only say there were no real geese there that day, but I don't think that proves anything.
and how cute are those racoons? They look like they are staring right at you. :-)
I am glad you posted these and hi to you, too.
Hi Angel!
Just think of these shots as a reciprocal (non-monday) water post in return for all of yours. I was pretty sure you'd like'em and glad you did.
;-)
Always like water posts and of course, I love seeing places I have never been to. That makes it even more special.
Post a Comment