Returned home around 5 PM. Am half unpacked, now playing catch-up on a week's worth of internet stuff since I really didn't have any access beyond 15 minutes or so a day this time, barely time to hit the minimum essential sites.
Service for Dan was beautiful. I took pictures and saw lots of familiar and friendly faces, even met many family members for the first time ever! Despite the reason for the gathering, it was great to see everyone and in between necessary seriousness, some fun was had.
I hope to get back to pictorially recapping my Tulsa trip with Dan and maybe post some key pics from the funeral and related events too, but I have no idea when, though at this time I would think probably not for two or three days at least.
On the second leg of the return trip we saw a major accident had recently occurred on the other side of I-95 (somewhere above Baltimore), a minivan or SUV type of vehicle flipped over the guardrail and came to rest on the side grass slope. I hope no one was killed, but don't see how anyone inside could have escaped injury. No idea how it happened. It DID make the occasional piddly traffic jam and minor rain seem piddly by comparison and easier to take.
2 days ago



2 comments:
The BEST news to hear. You are home. Thank you for letting us know. I look forward to more, when you have the time.
yes, and may i add that your sense for seriousness and humor balances up pretty well, i mean, life and death belong together as does shania and twang...
Post a Comment