Welcome

For best results please use compatibility view...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).

I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...


Tuesday, December 12, 2006

OK, that's just sick...

I went to Arby's for lunch today and after the girl took my order she asked one of the other workers to come take her place. When asked why, she responded, "Because I have to go to the bathroom really bad!" She didn't yell or anything like that, but she didn't just whisper it either as the other person was at the other end of the counter doing something else.

As soon as she finished stating the reason for needing a break, I hear a man's voice from behind me say, "I'd be glad to help with that," and that was it.

So I turned around to see just what that sort of pervert would look like. There were several guys in army fatigues who had just come in and gotten in line while one of them was on his cell phone and he was the one who had spoken. The line was completely unrelated to the bathroom break issue.

The customer in front of me had the same reaction, though, and also looked back, then we both just chuckled about it.

Cell phones—making life more surreal every day.

No comments: