Photo by Gemunu Amarasinghe, AP
To browse a list of Clarke's written works please visit this Fantastic Fiction page where you will find thumbnail book cover images linking to synopses.
Clarke was the last surviving member of the so-called "Big 3" of science fiction (the other two being Isaac Asimov and Robert A. Heinlein).
UPDATE: Late last night when I was posting this short item acknowledging the passing of one of science fiction's foremost figures I almost made a passing reference to the effect of how Clarke's passing probably leaves Frederik Pohl (88) as the most renowned living science fiction writer (based on longevity, both personally and in his career, and accomplishments). But then I changed my mind about saying anything of the sort because A) I simply wanted to note Clarke's passing and give him the sole spotlight, and B) I was afraid it might create an impression as if I were saying, "This guy's probably next."
However, I'm mentioning Pohl now because I just read the following in this article at BBC Focus:
Throughout his recent illness Sir Arthur remained active—he stayed in regular contact with his literary agents, publishers, and officials of the non-profit Arthur C Clarke Foundation in the US.
Just a few days ago, he reviewed the final manuscript of his latest science fiction novel, The Last Theorem. Co-authored by American Frederik Pohl, the book is set to be published later this year.



No comments:
Post a Comment