Welcome
For best results please use compatibility view...
Thank you for stopping by my blog. There is no particular theme or topic and no posting schedule either. This is just something I do for my own occasional enjoyment/interest as well as for friends and family, but others are welcome (although I don't go out of my way to self-promote—almost the opposite, in fact).
I urge potential first-time commenters to take the time to read the guidelines on the commenting form. Regardless of whether you comment or not I hope you find something of interest or enjoyable here...
A visible Non Sequitur
For some reason
today's online Non Sequitur (by Wiley) is showing up as really faded and unreadable without some serious eye strain or digital manipulation. The comic also appears in my local newspaper, so as a public service to other comics readers out there I now present this readable scanned version...

I'd be really curious to know the reason for the extreme faded look, but I highly doubt I will ever find out. I just naturally wonder about the "why's" of such things. There has to be an explanation and yet I can't imagine what it could be.
Non Sequitur is a comic that is formatted in two different styles so that papers can run whichever one fits their daily comics page best. There's a multi-panel "long" version and an upright rectangle single-panel version. My paper happens to run the latter, but the faded online version is the former. I don't really see why that should have anything at all to do with the difference, but just thought I'd mention it.
UPDATED 3/7: As I somewhat expected would happen the official version at gocomics.com has been corrected. You can still see the faded version by clicking the scanned image above if you're curious.
1 comment:
How strange is that?
It's actually a good comic and so reflects some places I have been...just kidding. :-)
Post a Comment