
I was on my way home and took a back road through the woods when I met up with the turkey and some of his friends. (I don't usually have my camera handy for such rare opportunities.) The leader of the pack wandered out into the middle of the road as I was coming up to the area, then he turned around and walked back to re-join the rest of his herd in the woods when I "shot" him. You can sort of make out one of the others in the pic if you click it. Wild life tends not to cooperate when it comes to posing so that was the best I could do.
Techie note: For a while now I haven't been crazy about Image Shack's interface for uploading and displaying my photos. As my online collection has grown sorting through them, displaying them, or even uploading new ones has gotten to be more problematic at times.
So I just signed up for a free PhotoBucket account and will give that service a try to see how it compares. So far I like it well enough and it seems to work fairly smoothly. It looks like it allows for good hierarchical organization of photos too.
It will take a little getting used to, of course, and over time as I add more photos I'll find out if any particular issues arise. The only minor quibble I have so far is that the thumbnail images don't automatically show the pixel/byte sizes for the larger image, but that's a relatively minor point I suppose. After all, with so many folks having high speed access these days size doesn't really matter. Well, it matters for ME (with my clunky dialup) when uploading, but that's for me to worry about and only assures that any images I post will never be all that large (for my own convenience, if no one else's).



2 comments:
Niece is cute, but looking a bit cold there...
Hope she enjoyed the egg hunt. :-)
Cool about the turkey, too. Is that a usual occurance? I have never seen one wild.
Well, the egg hunt was around noon and it was cool-ish (maybe around 50 or so), but not cold. It was nice and sunny obviously. I had just a light jacket on myself and was comfortable enough for the 15 minutes or so, but with wee ones, you take extra precautions.
The egg hunt was just for my niece at my brother's house so all attention of aunts, uncles, and grandparents was focused on her. Yes, she enjoyed it.
Wild turkey sightings are fairly rare. One spring/summer period three or four years ago we had several sightings around town of what was probably the same flock each time (although it's impossible to tell), but that was exceptional. I hadn't seen any since—until yesterday. Wish I had a better zoom capability than 3x, but I considered myself lucky just to even have the camera with me.
Post a Comment