We began distributing coupons on February 17, 2008.
Coupons are being sent on a staggered basis—not all at once. Because of the high demand for coupons at the beginning of the program, it may take some time for you to receive your coupon. The table below shows the scheduled mail date based on the date your request was received and processed:
Your Application Approval Date Targeted Mail Date
January 1, 2008 2/18 – 2/29/2008
January 2, 2008 3/3 – 3/14/2008
January 3 - 6, 2008 3/17 – 3/21/2008
January 7 – 13, 2008 3/24 – 3/28/2008
January 14 – 30, 2008 3/31 – 4/4/2008
January 31 – February 16, 2008 4/7 – 4/11/2008
February 17 – 24, 2008 4/14 – 4/18/2008
February 25 - March 6, 2008 4/21 – 4/25/2008
*Note that coupons do not expire until 90 days after they have been mailed. Note also that coupons are being mailed via Standard mail (not first class mail), with delivery expected around 2-9 days from the mail date.
I did not apply online until February 7, so that would put me in the April 7-11 range as the target mailing date and then with any luck by the end of April I'll be digital.
It's good to know the schedule so that I don't keep checking back so often and wondering when they might get around to me. I'll give them kudos for posting it (even if it's not set in stone). I was getting a little tired of checking status only to see...
Your application was recently approved and we are currently preparing to mail your coupons.



2 comments:
Being we are discussing our Federal Government here. Take that "Target" date with the proverbial grain of salt.
Good Luck. :-)
Oh, believe me, I do. Maybe even a little pepper as well. But if I don't get my "coups" by May, I might just pay W. a visit...
;-)
But seriously, it's nice to have some idea of time frame even though I realize it's not written on stone tablets coming down from The Mount. I can at least stop checking the status so often and wondering when, when, when...
Of course, if their status notice had simply read on the lines of "Your application has been approved. Coupons are being mailed on a first come, first served basis, so please check back weekly to find out if your coupons have been mailed".... That would have indicated to me a more leisurely pace to the process than "Your application was recently approved and we are currently preparing to mail your coupons" which makes it sound as if their mailing is imminent. It's all in the interpretation, of course.
Even a straightforward daily-updated "we're up to this submission date" so far kind of counter would have been helpful and given an idea of pacing. Plus if someone's submission time was covered by the date shown and they didn't receive their coups in a couple weeks they could always start trying to find a way to inquire about their whereabouts.
But this new generalized schedule will do nicely.
Post a Comment